Sunday, March 31, 2013

Distractology 101


           Do you text and drive, or multi-task while driving? Distractology 101 is a crash course that had visited Norton High School last week to show new drivers how multi-tasking is very dangerous while driving. Being distracted while driving is a big issue that is arising these days. Many teenagers have gotten into accidents or even have gotten killed from texting and driving. This is why Distractology 101 was created. The Arbella Insurance Company knows how dangerous it is to be distracted while driving. They then decided to bring a driving simulator to schools and have students get distracted while driving.
            When I first got into the seat and buckled up my seat-belt (like you would normally do if you were driving) I was told to test drive the car and so I did. When I first started driving it was like driving normally on a road. You have to obey the rules of the road and see how you do. After getting use to the simulator I was told to put my cell phone on the dashboard and when I got to an intersection I was told to take my cell phone out and text my friend saying “I will not crash”. This was a 4 word text that I thought would be easy to text while driving. I was proven wrong and as soon as I got half way through the text I hit a person crossing the road.
            In real life I would have been in so much trouble for texting and driving and because I hit a person I would have gotten into more trouble. At the end of the course I learned how easy it was for me to get distracted while driving. This course honestly really proved to me how dangerous it could be out their on the road. I would definitely recommend the Distractology 101 tour to any driver, especially new drivers because they may not know the cautions of texting and driving as much as they should. 

No comments:

Post a Comment